Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Get to Know Me Better With 20 Things You Probably Didn't Know

     I was challenged on Instagram with #10thingsabout me, so I thought I'd take it a step further and write a blog post about myself.  This will be a challenge for my introverted, insecure and often shy self. I have so many new followers that I thought it would be fun to share a little about myself and not just my furniture makeovers. Thank you to all who have been with me from the beginning and also who are new to my creative journey!!

1. My name is Dionne Woods, married 17 years, and mom of Elijah & Holden.

2. I've been a vegetarian for 7 years,  think sugar is the devil but can't live without chocolate.   
                                                                                 
3. I never dreamed of being my own boss, creating an selling my own work. Honestly, if you told me 10 years ago this would be the case, I'd laugh at you...no way, not me!

4. I'm a Pisces and often wear my heart on my sleeve. The beach, ANY beach, is my happy place. 

5. I love driving, windows down, hair blowing and the music way too loud.
    
6. I love old things, old cars, old houses, old people and old friends.



7. I'm terrified of failure, public speaking and cancer.

8. I'm highly competitive.

9. I like to make things pretty-people, homes, gardens, pictures, etc.

10. I've lived in Oklahoma my entire life but daydream about moving to the beach.


11. My favorite outdoor activity is watching my boys play baseball. 

12. I don't sit well. Desks and I don not mix well. 

13. Emily Henderson is my favorite HGTV personality.

14. I worked in retail and sold high-end clothing for most of my working years.

15. " Iris" from my name, The Turquoise Iris, is the name of my grandmother and mother. 

16. I built dollhouses as a little girl. I painted, added carpet and wallpaper all by myself.

17. At one point in my childhood, I planned to be a makeup artist.

18. I'm not very organized, paperwork makes me crazy.

19. I love yoga and believe our children should be practicing in schools.

20. My favorite nick-name is "Aunt Di" and I wear it with great pride!


I am at such a fun point in my life and getting to "paint for work" every day is my greatest accomplishment to date, other than becoming a mother and wife, of course! Hope you enjoyed my silliness;-)

Have a beautiful day!

~ Dionne





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing more about you! Love everything you do, you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete