Saturday, February 20, 2016

Bold Colour Furniture Makeover Before & After

     I am giddy every time I paint a piece of furniture where I use multiple colors. Not sure why exactly, but I get so pumped!  I used 6 colors to create this look. My goal was to make it look like it may have come out of a Spanish villa.  



I bought these knobs from Anthropologie last summer and have bee waiting for just the right piece to use them on.  


Seriously, whomever buys this will need to also buy the rug! Am I right?!?!


BEFORE & AFTER




I used 4 different shades of blue, a wee bit of red and green to highlight. 
So. Much. Fun.

Hope you enjoy!

Dionne

7 comments:

  1. That's very pretty I bet it sells in a snap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.Milk paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No, this is latex. I haven't found just the right blue in milk paint, yet;-)

      Delete
    2. Dionne, you must try milk paint at, The Real Milk Paint Co. Tell Dwayne I sent you! This cobalt you used is like then one I used on my antique piece years ago. It used to be called, Ultra Marine Blue, but now its Lakeland Blue,,,I think. They got a bunch of new colors. I ordered the Beach glass, and Dragonfly, and a few others. You should try them. You'll love them on the raw oak. I used a combo of a bunch of them on this old apothecary cabinet. check it out! (and the dresser in the pic with it is also their milk paint) http://makemeprettyagain.blogspot.com/2016/03/vintage-apothecary-cabinet.html

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love the patina you created and your styling with the brushes is so ARTSY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! I try to have as much fn with staging as I do painting. Thanks for the comment:-)

      Dionne

      Delete