Sunday, May 29, 2016

See The Old Doors that Inspired this Hand Painted Multi Colored Large Armoire Furniture Makeover


BEWARE!!!

You are either going to L-O-V-E this makeover to pieces, hate it with a big Y-U-C-K, or think I've lost my mind.  That's okay, though.  I've learned and began to believe it's best for me to paint for myself and not for the mainstream.  It's more important to me to create a one-of-a-kind original piece of furniture than to stay in the "safe zone". There are some amazing furniture painters / artists that I admire and aspire to in regards to business handling.

 I, however, am enjoying going my own way creatively. 

This is #5 in my "Doors" series, Part II. This armoire is huge and already had such a great shape to it.  I really wanted to give it a dramatic makeover...mission accomplished. 



See that door?!? 

This is the image from my Doors board on Pinterest that inspired my painting technique.  I created my own color palette but kept it similar to this one.  It packs a punch full of color, charm, and authenticity.


See the drip? Well, that took some courage!
We are told paint drips are bad...felt like a REBEL! It was fun but for anyone that knows me personally, rebel is not a name you'd use to describe me.


Cobalt agate knob tipped in gold?!?! 

Yes, please!!







This piece is currently available in my shop, www.theturquoiseiris.com
I'm making plans for my next series but haven't decided on a theme.  My ideas include a Part III Doors series, a group of makeovers inspired by pastels and gold leaf or a group themed by wildflowers.  

Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them.



I hope you all enjoy your long weekend!



~~Dionne


16 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVING THIS PIECE! Very unique. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud you for your commitment to paint for you! This piece is stunning, but all your work is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! I'm hang the BEST time!
      Best to you;-)

      Delete
  3. Dionne, you are waaaaay beyond the pale efforts that are passed off as painting. I would love to spend just a minute in your brain. Every piece you do gets gutsier and gutsier. Just beautiful.

    La Verne@hopeandsalvage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The support and encouragement from you as well as others is what inspires me to get out of my box. Thank you so much!!!

      Delete
  4. This may be my fave of the doors series. Its perFECTION! Girl youve got this down! Never apologize for being yourself - you shine like a big fat diamond. Thats a ridiculously good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much:-) and thank you for commenting!!!

      Blessings to you

      Delete
  5. Another winner, that drip is so cool. Please keep going with the door series. How about one on your door page called Stars over Door, deep oranges and reds with turquoise around the door. Love that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Furniture should be a work of art, I would rather have a work of art that I can use over one that just hangs there...I love your work, you are inspiring me to take more chances in my work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!! That makes me so happy to hear!! Thanks for following and commenting. I greatly appreciate it!!!

      Delete
  7. I adore this piece, it may be my favorite that you've done! An absolute beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much!! It may be my "hardest " piece I've ever painted but it was so worth it!! Thank you for commenting!!

      Blessings to you.

      Delete