Sunday, July 23, 2017

Boho Chic Never Looked So Good - DIY Paint Furniture Makeover

Oh, Summer is here and in full, I'm gonna make you sweat mode!
My goodness...it's hard to even step outside. 

I love the summer but more so if the temperature stays 
under 90 degrees.  
Lucky for me, I can still work in the garage as long as I have a fan blowing right on my face.

 What about you?

Are you a summer fan, winter fan or somewhere in between?


Recently, I had the pleasure of painting this little gem.  
You can find the paint I used HERE at DIY Paint 
and order my fourteen minute DIY tutorial HERE.






Staging this was fun, too. 
I hit Lowe's the day they offered all plants at 50% off. 

The paint colors are Cowboy Coral, Bohemian Blue and Queen Bee, all from DIY Paint. I used one of my favorite gift wrap prints from Spoonflower. The Mexican otomi print comes in multiple color variations and I love each and every one.


Also, new to my shop, is my Walking With Iris art series. 

This is my newest art collection and a tribute to my grandmother, Iris. This grouping will still be happy and full of color but will represent simplicity. My grandmother, Iris, was radiant in her own simple ways, yet, full of love, smiles and always had fried chicken hot and ready. She was a gift to all that knew her. The Iris flower, like it's name, carries itself with pride, making a simple statement of class, heritage and traditions. It, like my grandmother, always greeted us with open out-stretched arms. • Walking With Iris • is the first original painting in this series and is now available.www.theturquoiseiris.com










Several of these have already sold.

You can view more available work at

Thank you!

~~Dionne



2 comments:

  1. Exceptional post but I wаs wondering if you could
    ѡrite а litte more oon tһiѕ subject? Ι'ɗ bee veгy thankful if you
    coulԁ elaborate ɑ little Ƅіt furtһer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete