Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Turquoise Dresser Accented with a Peacock

My passion for color shows in this dresser.  I did several of these "peacock" pieces last year and I've been craving to do another.  It must be the Spring that does it to me.  I love using bold color. I understand this is NOT what everyone loves but I am not trying to copy anyone.  There are a ton of fabulous people who makeover furniture.  I'm looking to "brand" my name and my style.  My goal to painting is finding the right piece and matching it up with the right color /s for a "one of a kind" look.  I think I'm headed in the right direction.  




This texture turned out beautifully.  I was trying to add volume to the paint colors. And, my goodness, everybody needs to run out to Anthropologie and grab yourself those yummy little bowls! The prints are gorgeous!





This piece sold within 10 minutes of listing it for sale!  I have received so much positive feedback today and I've been called a "true artist".  Seriously, aside from any motherhood comment, that is the BEST compliment I could receive! Thank you so much:-)

~ Dionne ~
Linking up to Miss Mustard Seed this week!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the bold color choices Dionne, Fabulous mix! And peacocks are my favorite bird....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Brenda! Their colors are amazing. Thank you!!

      Delete