Monday, July 15, 2013

Teal Distressed Antique Desk with Re-Finished Mahogany Top

 

My inspiration for this next piece comes from the colors of these doors I had pinned on Pinterest.  Blues, Greens and completely blended...reminds me of the ocean. I would love to travel and see all these doors up close and personal, but for now, I just tried to imitate the look with this desk.  It was so fun to do and I think it was important to re-finish the top and stain it. 

So, here it this extremely well constructed desk. It's a beast, I tell you...ready for 75 more years of livin;)






This is not a custom, so it's available to purchase on my Etsy shop, The Turquoise Iris.

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous! love the inspiration, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes Valery! I'm on Pinterest under The Turquoise Iris.

      Delete
  3. That is fantastic! I am obsessed with these colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you transformed this one. BTW, the door in pic #4 that you pinned is stunning! The double one with the dark wood and that gorgeous shade of blue. Where is that from?? Man oh man, I would love to replicate that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome finish! Love the colors!!! Great job! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've taken a look to your works and are amazing! Happy to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have those images on my boards too!
    WOW - you aced this - just gorgeous!!!!!!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your work! Great choice of modern hardware! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete