Friday, August 19, 2016

Before & After Mexican Otomi Print Buffet & A Wall of Flowers

Is anyone else suffering from empty house syndrome today?!?!
My boys went back to school today. My oldest started high school at the same one my husband and I went to and my youngest is in sixth grade. On this day, every year, my memory takes me back to the many "first days of school" and coordinating outfits, worrying about getting lost and whether I'd have any friends in my classes.  I have to say, these two boys of mine handled their first day much better than I remember it going for me.  My nerves always kept me up late and my stomach was always a mess. I'm looking forward to them having a great year and watching them grow is more fun than I imagined. 

I. Am. So. Proud. 

I hope you and yours are all adjusting well and have a fun school year!


Now, back to business... 

This is the third piece my client has purchased from me and I'm doing one more for her next week.  It will also be in the Otomi print but multi colored...I am so excited!

This is the second piece I've painted using this fab paper from Spoonflower. Check out the before photo below. 


I used the Aurora Staining Gel in Boy Blue from Heirloom Traditions Paint to create this drip technique.  This product is exactly what I needed, made my job so easy. They have more colors to choose from including metallics. 


Am I the only person crazy enough to hang flowers on the wall using painters tape? Don't answer that, actually. My son had a friend over while I created this staging wall. He walked by, stopped and stared. He asked, "Is that tape supposed to be on the wall?" I laughed, and said, "Absolutely, you just wait. It's going to look amazing!" I was hoping, at least. 




Etsy offers all kinds of business advice that I love to read and absorb.  One of the latest posts was about creating conversation about your shop, get people talking. They said one way to do this is to share comments and questions posted on social media to you or about your shop. I love reading the comments my amazing followers post and always feel so energized by their kind words. Let me share a few of my favorites and you'll see what I mean. I wouldn't be where I am right now without my clients and followers who graciously share my work with friends and family.

Patty writes, " Stop it...No, really stop it.  This is G O R G E O U S! This is a show stopper. I love seeing your pieces. Your client is going to cry. I can't wait to see what's next."

Kathryn says, "Is there any item you complete that I don't like? I don't think so. I watched your blog and now your Facebook page, you amaze me. Plus, your staging is so unique, instantly recognized."

Patricia writes, "That's it...I GIVE UP...I LOVE YOU!"

Susanne says, "you are so talented...each one of your pieces has a unique vibe. Love them all."

Ashley writes, " If I could marry a piece of furniture, this would be it!"

Barb says, "I think you've outdone yourself! Just when I think I love a piece the most, you paint one better than ever! This should be one happy client!"

Chris writes, "SWEET MAMA LOVE!! Ahhh dying here - Am I right everyone?"

Carmen says, "Incredibly talented, Chica! You make blue scotch taped flowers on the wall look good, I mean, who else can get away with that?"

Carissa writes, "I swear, it looks like you blow those colors on with kisses!!! Such skill!!!"



Well, you can see why I have the 
BEST followers, right?

If you enjoy this makeover, click HERE to see a similar piece. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and cheers to a empty house, but, I'm still counting down the hours until I see their sweet faces today! #truth

~~Dionne









2 comments:

  1. Dionne, do you use gift wrap paper or wallpaper? Amazing!!!! Not enough words in the dictionary to describe your work!!!! Every piece is unique!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie, thank you so much!! I appreciate you commenting.
      I use the matte gift wrap for my projects.

      blessings,

      Dionne

      Delete