Friday, February 8, 2013

Teal and Cobalt Blue Distressed Dresser/Buffet

Go bold or go home, right?! 
This 9 drawer dresser screams, "look at me"! 
Sometimes it just feels good to add this kind of bold color to your home. 






I'm always inspired by buildings, doors and any pieces of architectural history. So for this, my mind went to the multi-colored buildings in Mexico. Plus, I am always looking to add teal or turquoise to any piece of furniture! I added legs to this piece to give it a bit more height and I love having it off the floor. All hardware is original and fabulous:)

This little wild thing is ready to purchase on my shop, The Turquoise Iris!

Just wanted to share a little of where my inspiration came from for this piece...
Tremendously beautiful color in this shot.

Have a fun weekend!

Linking up to Miss Mustard Seed!

5 comments:

  1. Love it your pieces are always so beautiful!, I'd love to feature it if tats ok!,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from West Furniture Revival... great furniture, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this piece! Congratulations for doing something so unique and beautiful. I can't say it enough...it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dionne, You've done it again. wow. Love those colors. I know others think "it's too much!!"...wah!!!
    LOVE. Now did you use regular paint? Since you can't sand latex like chalk paint, how did you do the distressing?
    Did you paint it yellow first and then just layer? I'm assuming it's latex paint. Or is it CeCe Caldwell?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely fantastic piece. Colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete