Saturday, January 23, 2016

When White Jumps Up and Bites You on the Derriere

     If you've followed me for awhile, you have noticed I don't paint furniture white very often. It's not that I don't like white, but I know white furniture is easier to find...in furniture stores, that is. I've prided myself on using colour and not shying away from the boldness it brings. 



However, this buffet is all white.  I take that back - I used a creme to highlight the details and bring out the original charm. Friends, I can't stop looking at this buffet now.  I adore the one cobalt blue agate knob, it's a crowning jewel on a tired piece once stowed away in a garage. 


The turquoise marble paper adds a simple but elegant look to the single drawer. 


"There is a kind of beauty in imperfection".
~Conrad Hall


I can say for sure, you will see me painting with white more often, 

Happy Saturday!:-)

~Dionne

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Do some more, would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete